Trying the famous Nasi Mak Entek

Hi guys, how is it going? Today I'm going to do a review on Nasi Mak Entek. I know this is so sudden, but please bear with me 😅

It is said to be quite famous especially among students from UNIMAS, UiTM and other institutions around Kota Samarahan area. Have you ever heard of it? However, for me honestly, I only come to know of this nasi lemak during my first semester in my 3rd year of undergraduate which is about 2 years ago.

LOCATION
Nasi Mak Entek can be found at Warong 2000 or also called as Warong Nusantara at Desa Ilmu, Kota Samarahan. Which can be very confusing since Desa Ilmu itself is growing rapidly, so to make it easier for you to find it if you're here for the first time, you can call it as "Desa Ilmu in front of Summermall" or just click on the Warong 2000 up there.

For non-Muslim like myself, I never know that this food court even exists before I tried the nasi lemak because we usually call this place as Siang-Siang Foodcourt/Corner. I thought that the whole court is called Siang-Siang but I was wrong. So it's a bit confusing at first but apparently, the food court is actually divided into two area which is for Muslim stalls (Warong 2000) and non-Muslim stalls (Siang-Siang). Thanks me later.


Ingredients
So, let's start with the ingredients. This nasi lemak might consist of,
  • one portion of nasi lemak, 
  • one side of a boiled egg, 
  • chicken leg quarter with backbone, 
  • canned baked beans with tomato sauce, 
  • sambal and budu sauce (I think) 


Taste
To be honest, the taste of their rice with their homemade sambal and budu blends very well. The sambal is not very spicy, a bit less umami, however, thanks to the budu sauce, it helps a lot in that department. As non-Malay, I find that local Sarawakian sambal recipe to be likeable to my tastebud as it is less spicy with sweeter taste! And in some places, the natural umami taste is amazing.

The chicken? It is deep fried which ended with crispy texture on the outside, juicy on the inside but completely cooked. Which is nearly amazing. There is also no taste of oil which we would probably expect from normal hawker stall as they might reuse the oil for deep frying. So, that's a plus for that. And if you're worried about the size, there's no need to be worried as all the chicken served are huge and worth it.

Besides that, I love the fact that they added some baked beans in it, although I don't find it to be useful with the whole taste of the nasi lemak but it's okay since I love baked beans. The only thing that I don't like about this nasi lemak is that they didn't add some cucumber slices. I love cucumber so I couldn't accept that there are no cucumber slices in nasi lemak. Too bad.

Pricing
So, lastly the price. This Nasi Mak Entek will cost you MYR7 only. Does it worth the price? At MYR7 you would be expecting a huge proportion of nasi lemak which they do, fortunately! A bit pricey for students but when you think of the taste and all the stuff you'll get, I think it is worth it. However, I doubt people will eat this every day so it will be once in a while kind of food. 

...


So, I think that's it for my review on Nasi Lemak Mak Entek. I hope you like my review and go try this famous nasi lemak. 

Comments

Popular Posts